Thursday, April 1, 2010

A setback

I have suffered a setback that could keep me out of action for a while.

It seems that the opening from my stomach to the intestine has shrunk or is blocked, either by scar tissue from my operation (most likely), an ulcer (possible, not likely) or a tumor (maybe, but probably not).

So whenever I eat, which used to be one of my favorite activities, the food has backed up, distending my stomach and making me feel like I'm wearing a belt three sizes too small. And I've been shedding weight almost like someone who has had biatric surgery and have had far less energy even than the reduced amount I was becoming accustomed to.

I'm supposed to find out tomorrow if this can be easily dealt with, which is the expectation for now. Meanwhile, it's good to have an explanation of why I have felt progressively worse for the last few weeks.

2 comments: