Thursday, April 22, 2010

One lemon bar a la carte, s'il vous plait

It's back to a lemon bar for dinner.

That was the scrumptious menu for me tonight after an effort to have a hearty lunch of a steak sandwich and banana cream pudding after my 28th chemo infusion didn't work out so well.

So it's back to babying my digestive symptom, although I haven't yet descended to the Gerber's level. I'm hoping that a mango lassi, a delicious Indian smoothie-like drink, and a cup of rainbow sherbet is in my immediate future.

Despite the rather grim day, during which I napped much of the time, Janice's arrival immensely lifted my spirits this evening. She is on her way from Ithaca to Newport, RI to deliver a paper on international law and human rights in Latin America at a political science conference.

I would try to explain more, but it would just make my head hurt. She's also going to spend the night with us Saturday on the way home.

Meanwhile, this is my last chemo for three weeks. Next week, it's time for my regular break, and then the week after I'm taking an extra week off to diminish the chances that I'll fall asleep in the middle of my song at the LCA show, the annual roasting of Albany politicians by the press corps.

Wonder who and what we could possibly make fun of this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment