Thursday, April 8, 2010

At least I got to have a milk shake

Not exactly a lot of jumping for joy today when we got some test results from our doc. The cancer blood marker had a relatively small uptick from a month ago, (from 87 to 106), and I have lost 10 pounds in the past month.

So even though I had a CT-scan only five weeks ago that showed no growth of the tumor and no expansion to other parts of the body, I'm having another one tomorrow, after having chemo today.

On the plus side, the doc endorsed my plan to stop for a milk shake on the way home, and generally eat anything I want, no matter how unhealthy in the long term, to try to stop or reverse the sudden weight loss.

I am now down to almost my college running weight. I remember in those days eating it seemed almost constantly to offset the calories I was burning by running 10 miles a day. This is different.

We'll know more next week after the doc tells us the results of the latest scan. Maybe the Sox will be in first place by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment