Another day, another CT scan.
Similar to and yet unlike yesterday's delicious vanilla milkshake (which helped me add two pounds to my now-slender build) , I had to drink the 32 ounces of some chalk-like substance this morning that enhances the quality of the CT scan photos taken today. It was my fifth such procedure since last June.
I think you can buy 32 ounces of a soft drink at some fast-food restaurants, but after my experience with this stuff ("chalk-like'' overstates the mixture's gastronomic appeal) the thought of that much of anything to drink almost makes me gag.
But any of you who have had a procedure like this knows that its huge advantages are it's quick (five minutes or so) and not claustrophobia-inducing (the circlular machine you're slid into feels spacious).
Also it gave me a handy place to hand over my credit card for the x-number of times so I can pay my $40 co-pay for the procedure. Seems like I can't get out of the house much these days without coming up with a co-pay.
We're to meet with our doc here next Thursday to find out what they learned, if anything, from the procedure.
Someone asked me today if I wasn't unhappy about having to wait so long for the results. The answer is no. Isn't there some saying about the devil you know as opposed to the devil you don't? My attitude is the reverse of that this time. I'll find out soon enough.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment