Monday, April 26, 2010

Money still the issue

I was minding my own business today, having a turkey sandwich after the rigors of the radio show and a nap, when I made the mistake of turning on the television.

One little secret I never told my former employers is that when I get the all-inclusive cable package so I can watch the Red Sox, the state legislative channel comes with it.

For some reason the TV was on this channel when I turned on the TV today, and the first words I heard were "this is outrageous.''

Of course this isn't much help in figuring out what is going on around here these days, since so much of it is outrageous.

It took me a few minutes to realize it was the Assembly Republican ranking member on the Assembly Ways and Means Committee Jim Hayes of suburban Buffalo complaining about the Democrats not holding public meetings on the new state budget that is now almost a month overdue.

His counterpart, Denny Farrell of Harlem, said the Assembly Dems are trying to get the Senate to meet with them, so far without success.

"The issue is still basically money,'' Farrell said.

That was enough enlightenment for one day, I decided, as I clicked over to Sports Center on ESPN.

No comments:

Post a Comment