Sunday, April 18, 2010

A Luddite's conversion

For all of a Luddite's reservations about technology, I have to admit that this blogging thing does serve an important purpose.

We went to our annual church dinner last night, and I'd say more than a dozen people commented on my latest post, and wondered if I'd had a good dinner (not bad - managed to force down a piece of chocolate cake after some soup of leg of lamb) since food was the subject of my Friday posting.

For someone in my position it beats having to repeat the same information over and over and even allow us to move along to something more interesting to talk about (what the hell IS wrong with the Red Sox?)

As Emily often says, when she goes somewhere it seems that the people she sees know almost as much as she does about how I'm doing.

Maybe I'll some day feel the same way about twitter, I-phones and all of the other things I can't yet fathom, although that's hard to imagine.

1 comment:

  1. yes, Jay, what the hell IS wrong wtih the Red Sox? They were terrible yesterday, all weekend in fact. Give 'em hell.

    ReplyDelete