Getting chemo is no picnic, and watching the cooking channel in the chemo room while getting the treatment doesn't make it any better.
I had never before watched the channel (but thoroughly enjoyed the movie "Julia and Julie") and hopefully never will again.
I suppose the experience was the same for me as it is for sports fans forced to watch ESPN: people I don't know doing something I don't care about and for some reason being excited about it.
I know we all eat, which is an important thing to have in common, but has not been near of the top of the things I like to do recently.
I mentioned my delicious lemon-bar dinner yesterday, which I supplemented with jell-o and then some sherbet. Hit the spot. But I bounced back today by devouring one of those overstuffed turkey-salad sandwiches that the Delmar Marketplace is justifiably famous for, at least in this house.
The task for tonight: polish off a (frozen) three-ounce lobster tail and some macaroni and cheese (good protein.)
170 pounds, here I come!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment