To inaccurately paraphrase Little Orphan Annie, the sun came out today, and is suppposed to be out as well tomorrow - an unprecedented streak this summer. Since we're staying at an inn on a lake, this is good timing.
Today is also the one-month aniversary of my surgery. Of course, it seems like only about a lifetime ago, but who's counting? I count every day I'm further removed from it as a blessing.
The scar seems somewhat less angry now and the tightness in my gut a little less insistent, but in deference to my surgeon's wishes, I did not swim today in the lake where our inn is, but merely waded and allowed Ellen and Emily to take turns squiring me about in a row boat. Seems he's concerned that water seeping in through the wound would make an even bigger hash of my innards, and drowning is not the current standard of care for pancreatic tumors.
We hope when we meet with the surgeon Monday to get permission to fully submerge, and maybe even hop on a bike and hit a few golf balls. Seems like this time, while I'm largely recovered from the surgery but before chemo and radation start, might be a window for such activities.
Tomorow is also the first anniversary of Ellen's and Allyson's wedding. Unfortunately, Ellen has to go to Chicago to give a presentation for work. The plus: comp time.
Sorry I can't bitch about the Union Leader today. It doesn't publish any more on Saturdays. Doubt if I'll be able to bring myself to buy the Sunday edition.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Got back from vacation last wk. and was wondering how you're doing, Jay. Love this blog and really enjoy your posts. You're so right about recuperating during the summer. Keeping good thoughts for you and yours. Continue to listen to your wife - it's always a good idea - no matter what the issue! Laurie (Assembly Press Office)
ReplyDelete