On day 23 post-surgery, one lesson learned: if you're gonna have an operation that requires extensive recuperation, do it in the summer.
A bright sunny day like today is perfect for a lot of casual neighborhood socialization, which is just what me, and I suspect most people in my position, like.
The star of the show today was Haley Anderson, our next door neighbor Moshiers' five-month old granddaughter, whom her grandmother was proudly babysitting for. With wispy red hair, big blue eyes and a bright ready smile, she epitomizes adorable.
We also went up today to our sailing club on Saratoga Lake today. There will be no sailing for me, or for that matter, kayaking or canoeing, until my abs regain more strength. But just sitting by the water feeling the sun, eating and chatting reminded me how great it is to be alive.
It seems like it rained almost every day I was in the hospital the last week in June. But the weather hasn't prevented me from walking once since I've been home. I've become more grateful for small blessings.
Of course, I recommend in general avoiding any ailment that requires someone to make a 9-inch gash across your abdomen. But some things, I've learned, are beyond our control.
Hi, Jay,
ReplyDeleteYou should know that Linda and I are following your blog and are very happy that you are writing it. We are making plans to visit Saul in Somerville, take in a Red Sox game, and then report back to you when we visit -- maybe in mid August, if your schedule allows.
Love, Dave & Linda