Today turned out to be a much longer day at the hospital than we had anticipated. We walked in the door at 7:30am and didn't leave until 2:30pm.
The big problem was that the assumed tumor on my liver didn't show up on the ultrasound that was supposed to help doctors find it so they could draw a sample for a biopsy to get definitive proof whether it's cancerous.
I tried to be helpful and suggest that maybe it just wasn't there any more. But the docs pointed out that it showed up very clearly on the MRI taken the day before. So I was bundled off to a CT scan machine to get yet another a view of my liver. This machine also discovered the suspicious mass and the doctors used it to extract some tissue as well as to put in markers that will make it easier to treat with radiation should we decide to go that route.
Then I had to sit around for a couple of hours to make sure that the liver was okay as well as to give the medication a chance to wear off.
By the time we finally escaped and hit the highway, we barely beat rush hour traffic out of Boston, or at least that's what Emily told since I slept almost all the way home while she drove.
It's good to be home, even though I'm allowed no contact sports like football or hockey for the next five days. What a bummer.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Actually Jay, you can still suit up for the Bills. They play no-contact football.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Gary Craig