Today Alan Chartock asked me more about coping with cancer than I anticipated, in an interview that will be aired later this week on Capitol Connection on WAMC radio.
He even asked me whether I pray or not, which threw me off my game a little bit. He correctly surmised that I was raised Roman Catholic so I briefly described my "spiritual journey" to Unitarian Universalism, recounting the story of Janice when she was a toddler asking if she could get bagels in heaven. I have been a guest on his hour-long show several times before, and I've always enjoyed pontificating, analyzing and wise cracking about state government.
But I think Chartock figured out this time that probably what I think about my illness and how I'm trying to cope is what I know most about now and would be of the most interest to his audience.
Tune in later this week and decide for yourself.
Tuesday, October 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hey Jay,
ReplyDeleteThis one actually wasn't a Capitol Connection, but rather one of Alan's Speakers' Corner one-hour interviews. I believe it will air Nov. 5th or 12th in full.
-Ian