Turns out all of the excitement last week over the MRI I had done here was for naught. The docs in Boston have decided that the job was botched by Adirondack Imaging in Clifton Park and that I have to go back to Boston next Wednesday for another MRI and stay around the next day to get a biopsy.
The problem is that while a CT Scan clearly shows a tumor on my liver, the MRI didn't spot it. And the crucial decision to make about further treatment hinges on whether there are lots of little tumors on the liver or just this one, and the MRI is the best tool for getting the answer.
The problem with THAT is that I have to go into a narrow tunnel for 40 minutes, which to say the least preys on my claustrophobia. But I have to do this.
The nurse today promised plenty of relaxation drugs and a supportive environment. But they can't knock me out because I need to respond to prompts to control by breathing pattern.
It's something I just have to get through. But it does tax the patience of this patient, I have to admit.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Maybe GE can invent an MRI that shows Red Sox games on the internal display. Let's put that innovation economy to work! Good luck with it, Jay.
ReplyDelete