The drugs kept me relaxed, the whole examination was considerably shorter and the new machine itself, a recent $5 million addition to the Beth Israel campus, was two feet shorter and seven inches higher than traditional MRIs, which have always touched off my claustrophobia. It gave a significantly bigger sense of openness than the old-fashioned MRI torture chambers.
Turns out it wasn't worth all the dread that I had been putting into this procedure for the last couple of weeks.
Now I'm going to try to enjoy the general loopiness that Xanax creates in me for a while before I'm sure I crash this afternoon.
Still ahead of us is getting the results from the exam and also a procedure to extract a biopsy from my liver tomorrow. But we do seem over the hump for this trip.
I think all the prayers and good thoughts directed to me at 10am today by many of you played a key role in my relatively good experience.
No comments:
Post a Comment