Thursday, September 24, 2009

Time for Plan B

The CT scan showed the cancer has apparently spread to at least one spot on the liver our doctor told us today.

The chemotherapy I had been getting apparently didn't do the job so the next step is to try some other cocktail and also decide if radiation can also be used effectively.

It's certainly not the news we were hoping for but there still are treatment possibilities. The best advice we got today was to find joy in everyday life and rejoice that I have loved ones who care so much about me.

We should hear more about treatment options either tomorrow or early next week.

3 comments:

  1. Wow. Bless you for being as much of an optimist/realist as you can be. Take care, hug all those people harder. And I hope that the next round of treatment(s) help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry you didn't get better news, Jay, but I trust you will find a better "cocktail" for the next round. In the meantime, enjoy some real ones! I will silently move a stone for you during Joys & Concerns at FUUSA on Sunday (unless you'd prefer I not keep it silent!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry to hear this. Good luck with the treatment options. I'm glad you're getting the best of care, even if it doesn't always result in the outcomes you want.

    ReplyDelete