Total raised so far from yesterday's walk in Bethlehem to benefit pancreatic-cancer research is $41,000, an organizer told me today. Since pledges will be accepted for a couple of more weeks, that total is expected to increase. Once more, thanks to all who contributed.
Have to admit my call for help in naming my Kleenex box did not unleash a big wave of creativity out there. Suggestions include The Box, Scotty, Kleenex, Cry, Cry, Cry, Fenway and Charlie, in a dubious tribute to Janice's dog.
I also learned from one friend that Tom Hanks' "Wilson'' inanimate companion (a volleyball) might have been named after the founder of AA, and just not in exchange for a product-placement fee. When I saw the movie, I just cynically assumed that Wilson outbid Spaulding, Nike and other companies for the honor.
I have settled on Barry the Box, in some kind of reference to what our prez called himself as a youth before going back to the more authentic Barack. Angle here is the pain and disease the box represents is also only temporary and will be gone when I cast the box away.
Plus a little alliteration literally lept to my (brain) lobes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment