Friday, September 25, 2009

One more Hub trip

We are going back to Boston a week from Monday to meet with several docs and explore if radiation is still a viable treatment option.

The original plan also called for me to get an MRI of the liver first thing in tate morning. But Beth Israel has a closed MRI machine, and I recall from my days of battling back pain that the test makes me claustrophobic.

So Emily found and open MRI in Clifton Park, about 20 miles from here, where I will be tested next week. We'll carry the results with us to Boston. So that's one less thing to worry about.

The docs in Boston seem to be talking to each other and all pulling in the same direction, and I know better than to take such things for granted.

Thanks for all the good wishes today - I need lots of help in cushioning this blow and knowing I'm in the thoughts and prayers of so many people helps.

3 comments:

  1. Jay -- You're certainly in my thoughts. Was waiting for this entry to pop up in my Google reader, and wish it was better news. Maybe it's time to get rid of that tissue box? Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, you certainly have our thoughts and best wishes. Whatever news is news. Love, Dave & Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jay. Thanks for the update. My best wishes and Robb's are with you. As a journalist, you may take some comfort in knowing that your blog is the only one I read daily. (I was going to say "religiously" but unfortunately, as a Unitarian, that's not a word I can honestly use.) It's like reading a suspense novel, but one that moves excruciatingly slowly. I hope it reaches a successful conclusion and that you can close the book on this chapter and move on with your life. And please pardon the corny metaphor.

    ReplyDelete