Again, the address is http://www.lustgarten.org/
Also heard today from a Buffalo News reporter who reminded me that former SUNY chancellor Bruce Johnstone is a 16-year survivor of pancreatic cancer. He had a rough time during treatment but came through it and has felt great for years.
This was chemo "hump day'' - my fifth of nine scheduled sessions. As usual, it was not traumatic, although I did have to put up with Fox News on one nearby TV and Rachel Ray on another. No wonder Americans' brains are turning to mush.
It helped that I had someone new to hold my hand - my sister-in-law Judi Kreinick flew in from California and will be around for almost two weeks.
My immediate impression of Obama last night is that he is a much better speaker than either of the candidates for Bethlehem town supervisor, whom I had seen live just last week. He even surpassed Paul Tonko, our local congressman who made a pretty lame attempt to explain the health-care debate to a big crowd here a few weeks ago. If Obama keeps his focus and stays away from interns, he might amount to something. Of course I also recalled that Bill Clinton made a pretty good health-care speech 16 years ago to spur an effort that eventually fell short.
We were appalled at that South Carolina congressman who called Obama a liar. That seems beyond the pale of even what now passes for political discourse in this country.
No comments:
Post a Comment