I like to have eyebrows, but don't get to do it very often.
I will for a couple of nights this weekend, when we hold our reporters' show. Tonight we add the band to the songs we have been practicing for a few weeks. Then tomorrow night we add costumes before starting our two-night run on Friday.
Maybe everything will come off smoothly, although at this time every year the show strikes me as a train wreck about to happen. When we get through it somehow the first night, we call it the Friday Night Miracle.
Eyebrows are among the hair follicles that I never had in abundance, and I have often noticed that bald guys who have them don't look as bald. I don't mean Groucho Marx-style eyebrows, but just normal ones.
At this stage the makeup usually consists for me of either some headware or powder for my head. But I always most regret washing off the eyebrows.
For a couple of nights we all have this overwhelming rouge and powder look - quite strange actually. I didn't realize how necessary it was until one of our thespian colleagues decided to go without one year, and looked totally washed out under the lights.
Hope that is the least of our problems this weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
He may not have bushy eyebrows, but Jay can still belt out a tune, as all his friends will find out this weekend at the LCA show at the Crowne Plaza in Albany.
ReplyDeleteMarc (I wish I had his voice) Humbert