What seemed like just a few days before as a disparate, disjointed series of songs attempted by people who mostly didn't know their lines turned into a show that came together well enough this weekend so that both the Friday night and Saturday night crowds seemed to enjoy themselves. I also managed not to make any big screw ups.
I even got a laugh from a line that reads like Greek to me. "I make Carl Krueger look like Dr. Oz." I guess Carl Krueger, a senator from Brooklyn, must be a hard-living sort.
We even sold enough tickets on Saturday night that there's a good chance we even made some money on the deal, for a change.
Best part was having Emily, Ellen and Janice all attend Saturday night for the first time. I managed to scarf up a couple of free tickets that were floating around.
Anyway, here is a picture and two videos from the show.
Emily, Ellen, me & Janice at Saturday night's LCA Show.
Above I'm singing my hit "Borrow", to the tune of Ed Ames' "Follow." The best lyrics were: You are so hapless, I wish I heard crap less, about how you can't make reductions. How about ending the medicaid spending for trannies who want liposuction?
The entire LCA cast and many alums singing the traditional show closer, "Good Bye Boys" on Saturday night.
HA. Awesome, Jay! Enjoyed watching this.
ReplyDeleteP.S. Your former intern is now represented by a literary agent! Moving forward with the book.
Love the eyebrows!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing and GREAT job, Jay). Couldn't make the show this year due to a conflict, so it was fun to get a peak.
ReplyDeleteLeslie
Man, you're good! How can you be so grumpy as a reporter and so, well, Gene Kelly as a song-and-dance man? Outstanding job. I'm sorry I missed it, but happy to see it on video.
ReplyDelete