Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Over the cyberknife hump

We're now over the hump on cyberknife - two two-hour treatments down and one to go.

Today's was a little shorter than yesterday's since I did a better job keeping still (the machine shuts down when you move) and the nurse taped my feet together to end my unfortunate habit of crossing and uncrossing my ankles.

The Dan Brown book was also a little better- someone's severed hand was discovered on the floor of the Capitol Rotunda in Washington DC, giving hope for more action and gore to come to distract me. It still ain't easy lying there for so long, though.

The very charming spokeswoman from Blue Cross just called to say our appeal of their decision not to pay for the treatment has been denied. We're taking it to the next appeal level.

We are enjoying staying with Ellen and Allyson, although I made the shocking discovery (when I went looking for Monday Night Football to watch) they do not have ESPN on their cable system. I thought that was as essential to a home as running water, but found out otherwise. They offered to find the game for me on-line but it would not have been the same. Thank God they have TiVo or I would dispair for the coming generation.

Emily is adjusting well to the big city. Since I can't drive the seven or so miles through thick urban traffic betweeen the apartment and the hospital because of the drugs in me, she is returning to her Mass.-driving roots and acclimated quickly to the lunatics who get behind car steering wheels here. Not even a dent yet.

We plan to head home tomorrow afternoon after the last treatment is over and are looking forward to being home. We won't know the results of this treatment for several weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment