Cyberknife is now one-third done with two-thirds to go. The first session today at Beth Israel-Deaconness Hospital in Boston was long - two and a half hours - but not very stressful, especially with a couple of Ativans in me.
The most important thing is that the room where I laid on a table was wide open and the radiation machine,which flits back and forth over me for most of the time, doesn't come within a couple of feet of my body - so no claustrophobia.
I brought along a CD of Dan Brown's new book about Masons and Washington DC that although it's gotten terrible reviews sounded highly distracting. But I was too spacey to listen to it closely.
The nurses told me to on the lookout for nausea and (even more) tiredness, but they haven't kicked in yet. Maybe tomorrow.
Also a development on the cat front: Maya, Ellen and Allyson's cat, seems glad to see me and has even jumped up in my lap a couple of times and purred while I stroked her. Still no final decision to get one of our own though.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Glad to hear you are doing well. Keep fighting!
ReplyDeleteHi Jay. I'm glad the treatment isn't too horrible, and I wish you continued luck with it.
ReplyDeleteAs for the Dan Brown book, good luck sticking with it. Robb and I took a long trip to Buffalo for the Unitarian Universalist St. Lawrence District Social Justice conference, and we listened to it both coming and going. Only got through five discs, and I don't know if I'll ever hear the rest. Very repetitive and tedious, IMHO - and too many dark rooms and corridors, which would do nothing for your claustrophobia. (As a novelist, though, I like lousy writing up to a point - it gives me hope for my own career.)
BTW, in the opening service at the Social Justice conference during Joys & Concerns, Robb asked everyone to send you good thoughts and mentioned how you'd contributed to that conference in the past.
Julie Lomoe's Musings Mysterioso
http://julielomoe.wordpress.com