I finished my third and last cyberknife treatment today, managng to lie still for another couple of hours while a device that looks like an old tv camera attached to a robotic arm moved around my body, zapping the tumor in my pancreas from various angles. Or at least that's what they tell me, I couldn't feel, see or hear a thing.
We should know the results in about a month when I have a CT scan that is supposed to show whether the tumor has shrunk.
It's kind of a giddy feeling not to have any immediate event to dread.
Those of you who warned that "The Lost Symbol" by Dan Brown might not be too distracting were right. But an impending murder helped the last half hour or so go by more quickly.
We're about to hit the road to Albany where we plan to thankfully stay ensconced for at least the next few weeks. We've been told to expect even more fatigue than usual which I'm learning to cope with.
The big event now on our calendars is the same as for most people: Thanksgiving.
No comments:
Post a Comment