Monday, December 28, 2009

Much more to learn

Part of the deal is being married to a psychotherapist is she is likely to have colleagues who are also friends, and many of them have become my friends as well. We entertained a trio of them yesterday, and they more or less took turns trying to enlighten me.

All three, plus Emily, put a lot of stock in alternative-healing strategies, like energy medicine, acupuncture, massage and some other Eastern-religions approaches. I have tried such things on occasion, and have found them in general to be not particularly helpful.

Some of you may recall that I had a conversation with an Indian mystic named Sai Maa this fall that I found very moving, and led to me carrying around a tissue box for several weeks as a virtual repository for all of my bad karma. But I was disappointed she never got back in touch with me, as she had promised to to.

At any rate, I am certainly not willing to dismiss any healing ideas out of hand, any more than I am speculation about what happens after we die. There is nothing like having a life-threatening illness to concentrate one's attention on such matters.

In the end, I agreed yestgerday to look at some books on the subject our friends recommended and also consider visiting a woman who seems to have good luck at looking into past lives, under the category of always being willing to learn more.

1 comment:

  1. Jay: Good news indeed. All the best for the New Year. Hope the "Tribune Cup" runneth over. Dollinger

    ReplyDelete