It was back to the ol' chemo routine today after almost a month away from it. As usual it wasn't a bad experience, but I have to brace for the effects that usually hit the next day. I expect to be more tired than my (now) normal semi-exhausted state.
The stuff (technically, gemcitabine) burned a little more than usual going in, but a hot pack and the diversion provided by Emily's cousin, David Jacobowitz, who stopped in for a visit, brought relief.
I was also hit again by the routine of it all. There must have been more than 20 people in the room all getting "infusions'' of various types - most of whom looked normal in most respects. If you saw them the street wouldn't guess they're cancer patients, except for the ones who have lost their hair and choose not to wear wigs. Of course, it makes one wonder about the problems and hidden heartaches of so many people walking around out there.
It's two more weeks of the same cycle, then a week off that happens to fall on Christmas week. Then I have tests and doctor visits planned to gauge what happened as a result of the cyberknife treatments that I had three weeks ago. Then we'll plot a strategy from there, which will most likely include continuing chemo in some form.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment