Thursday, June 18, 2009

Specialist appointment in Boston

Hello all,

So we already have some good news. Janice managed to get Dad (aka Jay) an appointment with a surgical oncologist at Beth Israel Deaconess (in Boston) for late Monday morning. This specialist has been referred to us by many people. The appointment will be 30-60 minutes long and it is unclear about what this means for when the whipple surgery will happen.

Stay tuned for updates...

With love,
Ellen

3 comments:

  1. Hey- I'm jealous- how come I didn't get to have a blog when I had cancer?
    It's great that you are getting a second opinion from Boston. It will be invaluable in decision making. When you get a chance, Jay, you should talk to Bud Lowell from Rochester. He had what you had and is fine now, thanks to a new kind of chemo that shrinks the blood vessels. He says he'd be happy to talk to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jay, Emily, Janice & Ellen -- We're thinking of you all! We're here if you need us, just call. Yancey, Kate & Quessie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Janice,
    Konadu and I are keeping you and your family( espcially your dad) in our prayers in this difficult time. I know that God will keep working in his mysterious ways. He has shown that he is capable of taking control over any situation so far, and he will continue to do so. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help. God Bless.

    Rakib,Konadu

    ReplyDelete