The heavens parted to give us all a 4 and 1/2 hour round of golf today, and bestowed further miracles when Jay scored a birdie on a 475-yard par 5 hole - reaching the green in 2 shots, and driving for a record 330 yards! He has 3 witnesses: college roommate (and junior high classmate) Jeff Clunie, and his two caddies, aka, wife Emily and daughter Janice, who saw the drive - admittedly aided by an elevated tee and a moderate trailing wind.
But it was a miracle! And we are hoping, praying, and pleading for one tomorrow too.
Please send your prayers, wishes, thoughts to Jay between 7:30am and 3pm tomorrow. He will be in surgery for at least part of this time, and we expect to know much more about the prognosis after surgery.
Thank you all again for your email messages and calls of support. They keep Jay smiling through this difficult time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sounds like a great omen. More good news on the way tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteBest,
Gary Craig
Janice...I'm literally moved to tears by all the wonderful, heartfelt posts by friends and family. I don't know your father that well but it is so amazing to me that, through this blog, I can feel such a deep connection to his life, pre and post cancer. Good luck good luck good luck--I will think and hope and pray to whatever gods will listen tomorrow.
ReplyDeleteI'm assuming that all of you are and will continue to be pretty exhausted--but you are all more than welcome at my house for any meal(s), any day(s) of the week. A little country landscape might be a nice escape? We have a hot tub! Anyways. I love you, Janice, and my heart goes out to you all!
-Erin Barstow
Hey!
ReplyDeleteI am anxiously awaiting the "Miracles: Part 2" entry. Until then, I will be thinking of you - wishing you well and sending my love.
Jay,
ReplyDeleteThoughts and prayers buddy. I'm rooting strongly for you.
Elliott S. (Red Sox Nation)
To Jay and his great family,
ReplyDeleteOur prayers are with you.
And we don't believe Jay's claim of a birdie on that hole for a second.
Mike Gormley and capitol reporters in Albany..