Ah, the joys of life without chemo.
Friday, the day after the treatment, is usually the day when my legs are sore, my temperature is up and down and I don't feel like doing anything other than taking a hot shower, sitting in a chair and maybe reading.
But after three Thursdays in a row of that, I am having my scheduled week off, where my bod gets a little chance to bounce back.
So I could take a walk in the sun today, enjoy a lunch out (even have a glass of wine) and feel reasonably sharp sitting in front of the computer.
It's back to the old grind next week, and for the two weeks following that. Then it will be time to decide whether to continue the chemo treatments, maybe on a reduced schedule, to keep the cancer at bay.
The alternative, assuming test results show no spread of the disease, is to stop them and let my body fully recover, and then watch closely for any recurrence before starting them up again.
Not an easy choice.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Enjoy the good days. You deserve them.
ReplyDelete