Friday, January 8, 2010

Homeward Bound

ORANJESTAD, ARUBA - We figured out from the local papiamiento language newspaper that cold weather had come within about 1,000 miles of us in Florida. That sounds too close.

This former Dutch colony only 15 miles off the coast of Venezuela had perfect weather today with highs in the mid-80s. In fact, we were told that there hasn’t been a drop of rain here in more than a year. Glad we didn’t break the string.

We cast off late this afternoon for the last time heading northeast to Puerto Rico, and on Sunday, back to reality. I don’t know the next time I’ll sip champagne at sea while watching the sunset with my whole family, trying to decide between lobster and Beef Wellington for dinner, and then watching a Broadway-class dance revue, but I hope it won’t be too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment