Friday, March 19, 2010

A nap can be a blessing

Friday is normally the throwaway day of the week for me three times a month, as recovery time from the Thursday chemo treatments.

But today I felt roused to go hear Steve Levy, now a Democrat but who has signed on to be a Republican, announce he's running for governor. He was having a rally/press conference across from the Capitol.

He has what sounds like a lot of good reasons to me - mainly a track record of holding down spending and taxes in his home county of Suffolk, where he has been the executive since 2004.

I kept up with what he and his new GOP friends were saying for about an hour or so, but then decided I had had enough, and I left. There is just so many times I can hear a politician talk about how he/she is going to save the state and how much he loves his spouse. Been there, done that.

The big event of my day was to be watching the Siena basketball game in the NCAA tournament. I got home, wrote a blog and column about Levy, and was all set to watch the game. Then they fell way behind, I laid down on the couch, and the next thing I knew the game was almost over.

Sometimes needing to take a nap can be a blessing.

No comments:

Post a Comment