We got a mixed report from the doc today on my latest series of tests.
On the plus side (always good to start there) the blood marker that indicates cancer activity again dropped. In addition, the suspicious growth on my liver that they thought was cancerous last fall has continued to shrink, making it less of a concern.
Also, doc said I looked pretty good and was impressed that I x-country skied a little over the weekend.
The negative thing if that the tumor on my pancreas looked a little bigger. That could mean more cancer, or it could be merely scar tissue from the radiation I had back in November. No way to tell for sure without opening me up again, which is not in the cards.
We're off to Boston Sunday to meet with docs there Monday to see what they think. Preliminary plan is to continue the chemo regime I am on now, since overall the signs are positive. Didn't ever think I'd be happy to go back for more of the same, but that's the perspective I have now.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment