Monday, March 22, 2010

A face for radio

Testing the theory that I have a face made for radio, I today started a new gig as "co-host'' of the daily public-affairs show from the Capitol, the Capitol Pressroom.

Those among you who can't get enough of this kind of stuff can listen live at 11 a.m. at www.thecapitolpressroom.org. I'm on Mondays, Tuesdays and Wednesdays. Otherwise, as they say, check your local listings.

I think I have described my duties in this regard before in my occasional appearances on the show: ask questions, interject words of wisdom and don't spill the can of ginger ale in front of me. So far, so good.

What I really like so far is starting my work day a little before 11 and being done in time for lunch. Almost feels like...(inject your own punchline.)

Host Susan Arbetter lines up the guests, does the research, keeps the conversation going and does all of the other heavy lifting.

As long news continues to pour out of the Capitol it is hard to imagine a better assignment. But who knows? There may be a slight break in the stream of scandals and pratfalls at some point in the distant future. Wouldn't bet on it, though.

2 comments:

  1. it's

    http://thecapitolpressroom.org/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Jay. I just listened to the entire show and found it engrossing and entertaining. I can't say the same for other media treatment of state budget issues!

    Julie Lomoe's Musings Mysterioso

    ReplyDelete